Automatic Read More in Joomla
We've always wanted to be able to set up Joomla to automatically add a "Read More" link for articles in Category Blog or Section Blog Layouts so that the articles would all be the same length and they would line up just as pretty as you please. Google revealed a handful of other people attempting the same thing, but having no solution. So Mango wrote a plugin for it.
By popular request, we have added the following new features in the new Version 1.1 Beta 3:
- Thumbnails are linked to the full version of the article.
- Portuguese and Spanish language files are included. Thanks to the volunteers who translated these!
- FJ Related Articles is tentatively supported.
- "Developer mode" feature to assist PHP coders in making Auto Read More compatible with other modules.
- Bug where special characters were not displayed correctly has been fixed.
- Bug where multiple thumbnails were sometimes not displayed correctly has been fixed.
- Automatically adds "Read more..." link after a configurable number of characters.
- Articles with shorter intro text display their intro text only.
- Works on the Front Page, Category Blog, or Section Blog.
- Will not break HTML or break the article in the middle of a word.
- Configurable to ignore specific categories, sections, articles, or the Front Page.
- Commented so that you may read through the code and add your own features if you like.
Note: If you already use a different version of Auto Read More, you must uninstall it first.
Old versions: 1.0, 1.1 Beta, 1.1 Beta 2
Feature requests, bug reports, and general comments welcome!
Please note: we regret that this plugin is not yet compatible with Joomla 1.6. We are currently looking for a volunteer to upgrade the plugin. If you're interested, please leave a comment below.